Click to View a Blank Press Release Template
Are you in the banking and investment industry and want to create a press release for your company, cause, or organization? You’re in the right place!
Banking and Investment Industry Press Release Info Center
This page contains
This example is part of a larger collection of press release examples from 20 different industries
Banking and Investment Industry Press Release Examples
Example #1: Launch of New Rewards Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Florida Credit Union Launches Rewards Program That Gives Money Back to Members
TAMPA, Fla., June 13 /PRNewswire/ — USF Federal Credit Union (USF FCU) launched a novel rewards program that returns money to members. Depending on a member’s overall balances in loans, savings and checking accounts, some members can get back up to 5 percent of the interest paid on a loan each quarter.
“The number one benefit for the Catalyst Member Rewards program is the fact that members will be able to get a partial refund on the interest that they’ve paid,” said USF FCU branch manager Rob Perry. “That is a huge differentiator between our credit union and other credit unions in the United States.”
Catalyst Member Rewards is designed to keep more money in members’ wallets based on their level of activity with the credit union. Along with the partial refund of interest, the rewards program also features out-of-network ATM fee reimbursements, overdraft transfer fee waivers, free money orders and official checks.
Members with a loan account also get free access to their FICO® Score, which is updated every quarter. The FICO® Score is based on information provided by consumer credit reporting agencies and is the standard measure of U.S. consumer credit risk. FICO® Scores are used by 90 percent of the top US lenders to make lending decisions and to help determine rates consumers pay on purchases and financing.
Over the years, USF FCU’s President and CEO Richard Skaggs noticed that members were frequently asking how they could become more engaged with the credit union. The Catalyst Member Rewards program is an excellent opportunity for the credit union to tailor services and help members become financially successful, Skaggs said. “It helps us build a stronger relationship with our members.”
To learn about the benefits of Catalyst Member Rewards, please visit: https://www.usffcu.com/catalyst.
About USF Federal Credit Union
USF Federal Credit Union (USF FCU) offers a full range of financial services to the faculty, staff, students, alumni association members, and families at the University of South Florida in Tampa. USF FCU divisions include Darden Credit Union serving employees of Darden Restaurants, Inc., and Red Lobster Credit Union for employees of Red Lobster restaurants. Please visit: www.usffcu.com for more information.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE: USF Federal Credit Union
# # #
12 More Banking and Investment Industry Press Release Examples:
- New product announcement
- New hire announcement
- Quarterly financial statement release
- New industry study release
- Dividend announcement
- Banking rankings released
- New services announcement
- New crypto debit card release
- New interest bearing service announcement
- New retail bank changes
- Service transforms payments and transactions
- Partnership announcement
The Banking and Investment Marketer’s Guide to Writing and Distributing Press Releases
Resources to help you write an amazing press release and distribute it to the right people to get publicity for your company, cause, or announcement.
What to Write a Press Release About – Banking and Investment Industry
Need ideas for topics a banking and investment company could write a press release about? Here are 50 ideas to get you started:
- Launching a New Product/Service: Introducing a new financial product, service, or feature to the market.
- Partnership Announcements: Publicizing a new partnership or collaboration with another company or organization.
- Acquisitions and Mergers: Announcing company acquisitions, mergers, or strategic alliances.
- Opening New Branches/Offices: Sharing news about the opening of new bank branches or offices.
- Company Rebranding: Publicizing a rebranding or change in corporate identity.
- Executive Appointments: Announcing the hiring or promotion of key executives or staff.
- Stock Listings: Informing the public about an Initial Public Offering (IPO) or new stock listings.
- Dividend Announcements: Sharing information about dividends or changes to dividend policies.
- Financial Results: Reporting quarterly, biannual, or annual financial results and performance.
- Debt Issuance: Announcing the issuance of bonds or other debt instruments.
- Credit Ratings: Publicizing changes in the company’s credit ratings.
- Achieving Milestones: Highlighting significant achievements or milestones reached by the company.
- Implementing New Technologies: Announcing the adoption of new technologies or systems to improve services.
- Financial Literacy Initiatives: Promoting programs or initiatives aimed at improving financial literacy.
- Market Analysis: Providing expert analysis on market trends and forecasts.
- Investment Advice: Sharing insights and advice on investment strategies.
- Fraud Prevention Tips: Offering advice on how to avoid common financial scams and frauds.
- Tax Season Guidance: Providing helpful information and tips for tax season.
Community and Social Responsibility:
- Charitable Initiatives: Announcing charitable donations or community outreach programs.
- Sustainability Efforts: Sharing steps taken by the company to promote sustainability and social responsibility.
- Diversity and Inclusion Programs: Highlighting initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion within the company.
- Educational Sponsorships: Announcing sponsorships or support for educational programs and institutions.
Regulatory and Legal Updates:
- Compliance Achievements: Announcing successful compliance with new or existing regulations.
- Legal Developments: Sharing updates on significant legal matters or court rulings.
- Regulatory Changes: Informing stakeholders about changes in regulations that may affect them.
Customer Service and Experience:
- Service Enhancements: Announcing improvements or enhancements to customer service.
- Customer Appreciation Events: Promoting events or initiatives designed to thank and engage customers.
- Mobile App Updates: Highlighting new features or updates to the company’s mobile banking app.
- Feedback and Surveys: Encouraging customer feedback and participation in surveys.
- Customer Success Stories: Sharing stories of how the company has positively impacted customers.
Crisis Management and Response:
- Addressing Security Incidents: Providing updates and responses to security breaches or incidents.
- Managing Reputation: Responding to negative news or press to manage the company’s reputation.
- Public Safety Announcements: Sharing information critical to public safety, especially if related to financial matters.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Industry Awards: Announcing awards or recognitions received from industry groups or publications.
- Employee Achievements: Highlighting significant achievements of employees.
- Innovation Recognition: Sharing recognition received for innovative products, services, or practices.
- Conferences and Seminars: Promoting industry conferences, seminars, or webinars that the company is hosting or participating in.
- Networking Events: Highlighting networking events or industry gatherings.
- Product Demonstrations: Announcing live demonstrations or showcases of new products or services.
- Training and Workshops: Promoting educational workshops or training sessions offered by the company.
Data and Research:
- Research Reports: Sharing findings from research conducted by the company.
- Survey Results: Publicizing the results of surveys conducted on financial trends, customer behavior, etc.
- Data Analysis: Providing data-driven insights into market trends, consumer behavior, etc.
Technology and Innovation:
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: Announcing initiatives or products related to blockchain technology or cryptocurrencies.
- Artificial Intelligence: Highlighting the integration of AI in financial services and products.
- Cybersecurity Enhancements: Sharing improvements made to protect customer data and transactions.
- Digital Transformation: Announcing steps taken towards digital transformation and innovation.
Employee and Culture:
- Employee Programs: Highlighting new or existing employee welfare programs and initiatives.
- Workplace Awards: Announcing recognitions received for workplace culture and employee satisfaction.
- Training and Development: Sharing investments made in employee training and professional development.
How to Write a Results-generating Press Release for the Banking and Investment Industry
Download a Free Press Release Template
The first step in writing a press release is to set your press release up properly.
Get this free template to write your press release in Microsoft Word.
Or, if you prefer, try this free template to write your press release in Google Docs.
Study our free press release writing training, showing you exactly how to:
Learn how to write frequently-written press release types:
Are you uncomfortable writing your own press release? We totally understand. That’s why we offer professional press release writing services for as little as $300. Learn more about our professional press release writing services.
Don’t Forget That You Need To Distribute Your Press Release to the Right People
Even the best press release is useless unless the right people receive it! That’s our specialty – custom distributing press releases to the reporters, editors, bloggers, and influencers most likely to pick up and publish your press release, or even better, to write their own story about you. Learn more about our press release distribution services here.
Press Release Examples Across Several Industries
Advertising & Marketing Press Release Example
Automotive Press Release Example
Banking & Financial Services Press Release Example
Books Press Release Example
Business Press Release Example
Consumer Electronics Press Release Example
Education Press Release Example
Environment & Ecology Press Release Example
Fashion Press Release Example
Fitness Press Release Example
Food & Beverage Press Release Example
Healthcare Press Release Example
Internet Technology Press Release Example
Investments Press Release Example
Personal Finance Press Release Example
Pets Press Release Example
Real Estate Press Release Example
Retailing Press Release Example
Seniors Press Release Example
Software Press Release Example
Transportation & Trucking Press Release Example
Travel Press Release Example
And, just because I know you’ll appreciate them, here are another 15+ great press release examples for situations you may encounter.
Additional Press Release Examples
Finally, here are some tips and training to help you write an amazing press release:
Additional Press Release Resources
Get real ROI on your press release, plus save 30% on your first order.