Home » PR Fuel » Picking the Best Press Release Distribution Service
You’ve written a press release, but now what? How are you going to get it seen? While you might be thinking of going the route of using free or low press release services, there are many reasons to avoid this strategy. What about emailing your press release to reporters? Good idea, but chances are that you don’t have a contact list nor do you have relationships with the reporters you need to target.
That leaves you with the option of using a press release distribution service, like eReleases. When you hire the right company to distribute your press release for you, it can make sure your press release gets in the hands of the right people, such as journalists, bloggers, freelance writers, etc.
But not all press release services are the same. How can you be sure you choose the right one so you don’t waste your money? Here are a few key things you should look for in press release distribution services.
- Make sure your press release will go to the right places — Where is your press release going? That’s what’s most important. That’s what determines how successful you’ll be. Make sure you choose a press release distribution service that has an extensive network of journalists and reporters at a range of news outlets they can tap to get your press release noticed.
- Will your press release go over a national newswire? — In the United States, there are three major press release newswires, which are different than syndicated news wire services like Associated Press (AP), United Press International (UPI), and Reuters, which generally license material they’ve written to news outlets. Those three press release newswires are PR Newswire, BusinessWire, and Intrado GlobeNewswire. eReleases has partnered with PR Newswire, the oldest and largest press release newswire, and all of our press releases receive a custom, national distribution over it’s extensive network.
- Look for testimonials from past clients — If a press release distribution company is good at what they do, they’ll have no shortage of testimonials from happy customers. You want to see positive reviews from clients talking about how their press release submission got them interviews, features on top news sites and blogs, website traffic, etc. If a press release distribution company doesn’t have these testimonials, you should steer clear of them.
- Consider the price — Press release distribution is only worth it if you’re getting more out of it than you’re putting into it. In other words, if you’re spending thousands of dollars on press release distribution but not getting enough results to justify that cost, it’s not worth it. So, look for a press release distribution company that offers reasonable pricing options to suit your budget. Some companies will offer different packages so you can find the one at your desired price point. Others, like eReleases, may offer a new customer special for your first order.
- Pay attention to additional service offerings — In addition to press release distribution, some companies also offer services like press release writing to ensure that your story gets presented as good as possible. Some companies even offer free eBooks and whitepapers with tips to help you get more from your PR efforts. With that in mind, look for a company that offers lots of extras so you can get the best value.
What are some of the things you look for when choosing a press release distribution service? Share your thoughts by commenting below.
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (https://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Download a free copy of the PR Checklist – a 24 point list of Press Release Dos and Don’ts here: https://www.ereleases.com/free-offer/pr-checklist/ Send A Press Release - Save 30% !
Leave a Reply