There’s no feeling like being able to hand off one of your recurring business tasks to someone so that you can focus on your primary duties. That said, finding a reliable business blogger can help you do exactly that.
But sometimes you’ll find these business relationships growing sour. So how do you know when it’s time to cut the cord and rid yourself of your business blogger? Here are a few key indicators:
- He’s not meeting deadlines – In order to grow your blog following, it’s crucial that you get on a regular posting schedule. And once you’ve acquired faithful followers, they are going to expect updates at certain times. So if your business blogger has made a habit of missing deadlines and isn’t responding to your interventions, kick him to the curb.
- You caught him plagiarizing – This is a one strike and you’re out kind of thing. Plagiarism will kill your search rankings, piss off other bloggers, and destroy your credibility. This calls for immediate dismissal. No ifs ands or buts!
- He just can’t seem to think outside the box – Are all your posts starting to sound the same? Then why do you even have a business blogger? After all, you could write about the same topic over and over on your own. You pay your business blogger to provide fresh, creative content. If he isn’t upholding his end of the bargain…well, there’s the door.
- His posts are getting sloppy – What do I mean by sloppy? Well, I’m not talking about an occasional typo. That happens. But when he’s posting things with multiple misspellings, poor formatting, and bad grammar – well then maybe you just aren’t his top priority. Your best bet is to find someone who will make you top priority. After all, you’re paying him the money. You deserve it.
- Communication is poor – You need to work closely with your business blogger to develop content that is relevant to your business and your clients. That said, if you can’t get in contact with your business blogger, then how will you do it?
Is your business blogger exhibiting any of the above issues? If so, it’s time to give him the axe!
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (http://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Download your free copy of 8 Shocking Secrets Press Release Distribution Firms Don’t Want You to Know here: http://www.ereleases.com/landing3.html