Earning the trust of customers is the key to making sales and building client loyalty. Today’s consumer is more skeptical and more careful than ever before. They ask a lot of questions and demand a lot of accountability from the companies they do business with. And if they don’t trust your company, they won’t give you their business. It’s that simple.
So that means it’s your job to earn their trust. Luckily for you, we’ve come up with 10 ways you can do just that.
1. Get testimonials from satisfied customers – Consumers are skeptical of companies. They don’t believe a word you’re saying, but they do believe their fellow consumers. So it’s important that you collect testimonials from satisfied customers and display them on your marketing materials.
2. Encourage reviews on Yelp and other websites – More and more consumers are turning to review websites, like Yelp, to guide their buying decisions. It’s important that you encourage your customers to go on there a leave reviews, so that you can build a strong, credible presence.
3. Connect through social media – Trust isn’t given, it’s earned over time. By building relationships with your customers through social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, you can slowly earn their trust.
4. Display professional affiliations on your website – Let your credentials speak for themselves. Have a top BBB rating? Post the badge on your website. Are you a member of any key professional organizations in your industry? Post those affiliations proudly. They can speak volumes.
6. Offer a money back guarantee – At the end of the day, the reason customers don’t trust companies is because they’re afraid of losing their money. By offering a money back guarantee, you put those fears to rest.
7. Respond to crisis quickly – In the event that something goes wrong and your company is caught in the middle of a crisis, you can’t sit on your hands and hope the problem goes away. You need to be decisive and respond quickly to show your customers you can be trusted.
8. Create a consistent brand image – Having consistent branding creates a clear identity that your customers can relate to. It shows customers exactly who you are, what you stand for, and how you can help them.
9. Be authentic – Let your customers see into your company so you can build trust with them on a deeper level. Don’t hide behind corporate speak or legal jargon. Be authentic, transparent, and personable in all your communications.
10. Always deliver above and beyond what you promise – It’s simple really. Do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you’re going to do it. If you fail to deliver on your promises, your customers won’t be able to trust you.
What are some of your best tips for earning customer trust? Share them by leaving a comment below.
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (https://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Grab your free 160-page copy of the Big Press Release Book – Press Releases for Every Occasion and Industry here: https://www.ereleases.com/free-offer/big-press-release-samples-book/
Great points, I would just add particular references as the testimonials might be questionable.