Are you having a blah day? Struggling to find the motivation to get started on your work? We all have these days. You wake up in the morning, ready to tackle the day, but after that first cup of coffee you just stare blankly at your computer screen.
Sometimes what we really need is a good kick in the pants, some great advice from leaders, writers, movers and shakers. Let’s take a look at 15 great quotes (divided between life and business) that will engage your mind and inspire your work.
Quotes to Inspire Your Work
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”– Albert Schweitzer
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” –Zig Ziglar
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”– Steve Jobs
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”– Thomas J. Watson
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.–Thomas A. Edison
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”– Charles Darwin
- “Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those doing it.”– Chinese Proverb
Quotes to Inspire Your Life
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” –Mark Twain
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.–Henry David Thoreau
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. –Anne Frank
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”– Dr. Seuss
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington
- What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. –Bob Dylan
- Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. –Farrah Gray
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. –Martin Luther King Jr.
Do you have a quote that inspires you? Share it in the comments. We want to know what motivates you to get it done!
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (http://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Download Five (5) Free PR and Press Release eBooks ($67 Value) here: http://www.ereleases.com/offer/bundle.html