Questions for Press Release Writing
We can develop releases based on any amount of information you provide. We can work off of websites, marketing material, notes, or by talking with you directly over the phone, whichever is more comfortable for you.
We work off these scenarios daily:
1) here's my site: www.domain.com. Do your magic...
2) we want a release. Here's a book, forty-two pages on what to include, a marketing proposal on what a press release is, etc. (please don't bury us in paperwork to create a 400 word press release).
3) an article or flyer; other marketing material
4) a telephone conversation in which we discuss what the release should include.
5) Responses to questionnaire (below). Our writer will request more information if needed.
Basically, if we only worked under one scenario, we wouldn't be doing anyone a favor as most businesses we work with are either confused about what to include in their release or too busy to develop anything formal.
Some clients don't know how to use email and prefer faxing and/or talking over the phone. We understand and can accommodate you in the method you prefer.
You can email your responses or include them when you place your order online. Once an order has been placed, the writer will contact you if more information is needed (or if you indicate you want to be contacted before writing has begun). You approve all copy and we revise to your satisfaction before scheduling distribution.
Questions (feel free to add or leave blank as you feel necessary):
- What current news do you wish to announce? (New website, new product, increase in sales, merger, new license or contract, recent awards, etc.)
- What is unique about your company, service or product(s)? What makes your product/service different than your competitors (better quality, lower prices, service or product that no one else offers on web, unique website features such as advanced searches or great links, etc.)
- Details about company - how long in business, how long on web, location, affiliations, services offered, awards and recognition, website address, contact information, etc.)
- Plans for future of company, products.
- Quotes from company officers or others commenting on company or products (We can make quotes up, given enough of above information)
- Other relevant information.