Lemko and Harris offer the most advanced 3G/4G ruggedized communications solution evaluated by OSU UML to equip military for Global War on Terror
ITASCA, Ill., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – SOCOM deploys Lemko Corporation’s advanced SwarmNet™ capability via upgraded KnightHawk™ systems provided by Harris Corp. Lemko Corporation, the leader in Re-Engineering Mobility for Internet Economics, enabled SOCOM to deploy an advanced SwarmNet™ capability which allows individual KnightHawks™ to operate autonomously as a complete‚ self-contained cellular network or in a scalable network with hundreds of ODC (On Demand Cellular) nodes for increased coverage and capacity.
Lemko’s SwarmNet™ equipped Harris’ KnightHawk™ is a ruggedized and highly mobile tactical cellular edge network solution that provides a private commercial cellular network suitable for austere locations and enables high speed broadband connectivity to permit the use of smart apps at the tactical edge. The previous KnightHawk™ network solution deployed by SOCOM provided limited coverage that confined devices to a specific area. The upgraded KnightHawk™ systems equipped with Lemko SwarmNet™ can now ad hoc network together to provide a canopy of coverage that subscriber devices, sensors, etc. can move throughout experiencing the same level of hand-off and network performance expected from a tier one commercial carrier. Lemko SwarmNet™ also provides full voice, data and SMS capability.
Lemko’s SwarmNet™ capability creates the most survivable network solution available. When an ODC node is part of a “Swarm” (multiple ODC nodes) and becomes isolated, that ODC node will continue to operate and provide coverage for subscribers attached to it. As the isolated ODC comes back in contact with the larger Swarm it will Ad Hoc reconnect (SWARM) with the other ODC nodes and subscribers can freely move throughout the entire SwarmNet™ network without changing anything on their device. Lemko’s patented CLR function allows subscribers to continue to operate on other ODC nodes even with the Node containing their HSS/HLR function is not available on the network. Additional Lemko SwarmNet™ benefits include:
- Flexible Interconnect: Lemko SwarmNet™ can use virtually any IP to interconnect Node and is especially optimized for interconnect between ODC’s or for reach back using satellite. Because the Lemko SwarmNet™ is survivable, opportunistic or high latency interconnect and reach back can be tolerated even in when using 4G LTE.
- In-band Interconnct: SwarmNet™ ODC can be equipped with in-band interconnect with enables ODC’s create their own IP cloud.
- Connectivity to Commercial and Other Networks: While the Lemko solution can provide safe secure broadband communications at the warfighter level, as an enclave, Lemko SwarmNet™ also supports Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions by implementing a Node2 signaling gateway that provide a signaling bridge to commercial carriers. Lemko’s SwarmNet™ connects with other networks such as SINCGARS, P25, tetra, or VoIP gateways to provide seamless communications. It even makes Blackberries work.
- Encryption: The Lemko solution supports full end to end security and encryption and can include FIPs 140-2 ODC security as well as protection for data at in use, on the move and at rest.
- Value: Lemko’s value proposition includes cellular economics that significantly reduces costs while providing highly secure broadband communications on a device that requires little training to unburden, protect and empower the War Fighter.
- Multiple Form Factors: Lemko’s SwarmNet™ capability is available on the Harris KnightHawk™ as well as other man-portable, mounted, fixed and aerial form factors and supports 2G GSM EDGE, CDMA (including EVDO), 3G WCDMA UMTS HSPA+ and 4G LTE
About Lemko Corporation
Lemko is a Distributed Mobile Wireless Network software company with ultra-low cost Internet based architectures that drive down the cost per GB MHz POP. Lemko is the industry leader in Re-Engineering the Mobile Network for Internet Economics and provides quick deployments of 2G, 3G and 4G LTE cellular systems powered by a virtualized and distributed EPC and IMS core. The company’s market leading solutions are available in multiple form factors including macro network, small cell, enterprise access point, On-Demand Cellular (ODC), M2M, cellular on wheels (COWs), man-portable and are deployed with enterprises, carriers, government, and military private network operators. Lemko is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, USA.
Additional information is available at www.lemko.com.