ST. LOUIS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – Though it’s only January, savvy prom-goers know it’s never too early to start the search for the perfect dress. Just in time, the plus-size prom dress experts at Sydney’s Closet announce the 5th annual Sydney’s List of Top 10 Prom Dress Trends.
“For Prom 2013, teens are just mad about color,” says Phyllis Brasch Librach, president and founder of Sydney’s Closet. The St. Louis-based company is the leading designer dedicated exclusively to plus size Prom dresses.
What’s the hottest hue for Prom 2013 gowns? “Red rules,” says Librach. “The color of divas, red in any shade attracts attention. Plus it exudes passion and drama. What better choice for a night as big as Prom?”
Prints, strong for the past several years, fade for Prom 2013 in favor of irresistible solids in striking, vibrant colors like electric pink and deep sea turquoise. “These eye-catching hues guarantee you’ll get spotted on – and off- the dance floor,” Librach says.
What styles are in big demand? “Star-studded Prom girls must have long, flowing chiffon gowns with jaw-dropping details that revival the glam seen on the red-carpet,” says Librach.
For the girl who dreams of being the Prom Princess, nothing will do but a Cinderella ball gown. ”At Prom 2013, ball gowns take on a very sophisticated look for an oh-so modern fairy-tale dress,” Librach says.
Teens are going to new lengths for Prom 2013 gowns. “High-low hemline dresses make the perfect option for girls who can’t decide whether to wear a short Prom dress or a long formal,” Librach says.
For the past five years, Librach and her expert fashion team have compiled Sydney’s List of Top 10 Prom Dress Trends. Here’s what Sydney’s Closet says is hot for Prom 2013:
- Cap it Off: Just over the shoulder tiny sleeves inspired by glamorous gowns worn by Hollywood celebrities.
- Slit Decision: Nothing is sexier than a split skirt worn with high heels.
- Got hue? Shift out of neutral into party-packed colors like tropical punch.
- Bejeweled: Beads, baubles, gemstone, mirrors and sequins often layered for 3-D bling.
- Lady in Lace: Oh-so feminine fabric looks very modern on sheer sleeves and waistbands.
- Frills and Chills: Waves of ruffled fabric on skirts shake up the fashion scene.
- Seeing Red: Be a Prom diva in any shade of the most heart-throbbing color.
- Peplum Power: Girly flared ruffle at the waist shows off great curves.
- Sheer Genius: You’re sexy in the see-through trend of net illusion — without having to bare it all.
- Black and White: Classic color combination of opposites is always chic and timeless
About Sydney’s Closet®
Librach, an award-winning journalist, traded deadlines for hemlines to launch Sydney’s Closet after her teenaged daughter failed to find a plus size Prom gown that flattered her curvy figure. Today, Sydney’s Closet designs, distributes and sells dressy plus-size dresses for teens and women ages 16 to 60. Customers across the US and around the world dress up for once-in-a-lifetime celebrations wearing Sydney’s Closet fashion-forward original designs. For 2013, Sydney’s Closet features prom dresses, evening formals, cocktail dresses and wedding gowns in hard-to-find plus sizes 14 to 40. The collections, sold under the Sydney’s Closet label, are available online at SydneysCloset.com and at Authorized Retailers in the USA and Canada.
Sydney’s Closet is size and deadline sensitive. Please contact Sydney’s Closet by calling anytime at 888.479.3639 for information or high-resolution images of 2013 Prom dresses.