Sport stars join together for the 2013 Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital Nancy Lieberman Foundation Gala, presented by Industry Petroleum
DALLAS, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – The Nancy Lieberman Foundation will host its 2nd annual gala at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Dallas, Texas on Monday, April 8, 2013. Supporting educational and health programs for youth, the gala event will commence at 6:30 p.m. as The Fan sports anchor Gina Miller welcomes VIP guests during a red carpet ceremony. A silent auction will follow this extravaganza and dinner will be served at 7:00 p.m. John Rhadigan, lead TV anchor of Fox Sports Southwest, will emcee the event program.
The Foundation Gala attracts sports figures and celebrities from across the country to support this worthy cause. Some notable names to be in attendance this year:
- Larry Fitzgerald – Six-time Pro Bowl Wide Receiver for the Arizona Cardinals
- Rick Carlisle – Head Coach for the Dallas Mavericks
- Deion Sanders – Pro Football Hall of Famer
- Jason (Jet) Terry – 2011 NBA Champion and Boston Celtic guard
- Felix Jones – Running Back for the Dallas Cowboys
- Mike Modano – All-time goal scoring and points leader amongst American-born players in the NHL, Stanley Cup Champion, and Hockey Hall of Famer
- Everson Walls – A four-time Pro Bowl selection, cornerback who played for the Dallas Cowboys, and won a Super Bowl with the NY Giants
- June Jones – Head Football Coach at SMU, and 2012 Hawaii Bowl Champion
- Jay Harris – ESPN SportsCenter Host
- Roy Williams – Former Safety for the Dallas Cowboys
- Kevin Hartman – Former Goalkeeper for FC Dallas Soccer Club
- Donnie Nelson – President and GM of Basketball Operations for the Dallas Mavericks
- Derek Harper – Former Dallas Maverick
- Del Harris – General Manager of the Texas Legends
- Spud Webb – President of Basketball Operations
- Nate Newton – Former offensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys
- Tommie Harris – Three-time Pro Bowl selection and defensive tackle who last played for the San Diego Chargers
- Trevor Daley – Dallas Stars defenseman
- Craig Ludwig – Former Dallas Star and two-time Stanley Cup Champion
- Jose Guzman – Former Texas Ranger pitcher
- Kevin Mench – Former Texas Ranger outfielder
- Burton Gilliam – Blazing Saddles and Back to the Future Part III actor
This gala helps raise money for the Nancy Lieberman Foundation that focuses on providing sports opportunities for youth through basketball camps, as well as educational programs required to help children achieve their dreams. The Foundation supports numerous programs, including Laptops for Love, Backpacks with school supplies and two educational scholarships: The Joe and Elaine Eazor Family and the Gary and Christine Jones Educational Scholarships.
In a profound collaboration between the Nancy Lieberman Foundation and the WorldVentures Foundation, “DreamCourts” are being installed nationwide, and is an impactful avenue for leaving a lasting legacy that benefits low-income, at-risk children in the United States. The Nancy Lieberman and WorldVentures Foundations have teamed up to create “DreamCourts” as an important resource for children in underprivileged communities to participate in a safe environment where they can play basketball, interact in a positive manner with peers, and learn the valuable lessons of teamwork. The Nancy Lieberman Foundation Gala helps to make these opportunities available for children.
“It’s one of my favorite nights of the year. The support we receive inspires our partners and friends of the Foundation,” explained Foundation President and Basketball Hall of Famer Nancy Lieberman. “This year’s gala marks another year that we’ve been fortunate to showcase what we do and raise money to support the myriad of youth programs we offer. It is a truly exciting night with amazingly generous people. I feel blessed to host this event and to help make a positive difference in the lives of children everywhere.”
To learn more about the Nancy Lieberman Foundation, or to make donations, please visit http://www.nancyliebermanfoundation.com.
ABOUT THE NANCY LIEBERMAN FOUNDATION
The Nancy Lieberman Foundation provides a healthy physical, emotional, and mental environment for young girls and boys to build confidence and self-esteem so they make positive choices for their future. Nancy Lieberman is dedicated to expanding and ensuring that sports and educational opportunities exist for youths through her basketball camps and clinics, DreamCourts, and educational programs.