MANCHESTER, England, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –
Manchester City FC Sports Career Conference, 12 April 2013 @ Ethiad Stadium
This sports business seminar provides an invaluable opportunity to learn about numerous careers in sports and network with professionals currently working within the sports industry. Sports Agents, Scouts, Sports Marketing, Sponsorship, Media & Public Relations professionals, Managers, former professional athletes and many others will be in attendance from the world of soccer, rugby, cricket and Olympic sports. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to begin or develop a career in sports. You get an opportunity to meet and learn from sports executives, sports administrators and the SMWW staff within the backdrop of the world-renowned Ethiad Stadium, Home of Manchester City FC.
2013 CONFERENCE SPEAKERS:
- Tom Glick, Manchester City FC Chief Commercial and Operating Officer
- Colin Gordon, Key Sports Management-Licensed Player Agent by the FA
- Darren Vehn, Radius Sports Marketing Managing Director
- Jordan Garbutt, Prozone Head of UK Prof. Services
- Kevin Roberts, SportBusiness Editor
- Matthew Buck, Director of PFA Player Management, Professional Footballers’ Association
- Andy Rice, Future Publishing Head of Sport, Outdoor and Auto
- Geoff Burrows, Rugby League Players Association
- Mel Stein, Chairman of Association of Football Agents, Consultant with Clintons Solicitors, author of How to Succeed as a Sports Agent
- Tim Nichols, Rugby Players Association
- Charles Bruner, Arsenal Football Club Premium Sales Manager
- Simon Miller, Bloomberg Head of International Business Development
- Michelle Verokken, Sporting Integrity
- Hubert Register, HFR Consulting, Sports & Entertainment & former professional basketball player
- Paul Molesworth, Burton Albion FC Chief Scout
- Steve Simmons, Aston Villa European Scout
- Alex Scotcher, British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Head of Comm., Commercial & Marketing
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, SMWW President & NFL Agent
- John Print, SMWW UK Director of Operations & Licensed Players Agent FA
- Visit SMWW.com for Speaker additions!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone 18 years or older interested in advancing their career in sports. Sports Professors are invited at a reduced rate. Group rates available.
WHY: Launch or advance your sports career. Gain valuable insight into a variety of careers from those working at the highest level in sports! This day-long career conference offers unique panel discussions and question-answer periods designed to start or advance your career on the business of sports. The day will be split up into diverse speaker panels, including sports business, athlete representation, scouting, digital video editing, and sports job strategies.
General Admission – $225 (£150)
Student Admission – $200 (£135)
Registration includes name badge, registration packet, all conference sessions, Friday lunch at Ethiad Stadium.