The success or failure of your new PR campaign hinges on asking the right questions before you take action. If you spring into action without taking the time to plan carefully, you’re not going to achieve the level of results you hope for.
Here are 5 simple questions to ask yourself to make sure you’re on the right track before launching a PR campaign.
- What are my goals for this new PR campaign? What are your objectives for your PR campaign? Are you looking to establish your expertise in your industry? Create good perceptions regarding your company? Make more sales or generate more leads? Undo damage from a past PR crisis? Write down your objectives so you can develop the right strategy for achieving them.
- Does the campaign reinforce my brand’s identity and core messaging? You have to make sure your PR campaign fits properly into your overall marketing and branding strategy. Clearly identify your brand’s image, and create a campaign that’s designed to reinforce that image through proper messaging. This is how you build a recognizable brand.
- Is the campaign focused on my target audience? Your campaign needs to focus on the needs and problems faced by your customers, and of course, it needs to provide a solution. Everything you do needs to be done with your target audience in mind. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- What’s the news hook to my campaign? Take a step back for a minute and view your campaign through the eyes of a journalist. Why should they care about your story? What newsworthy angle does it have that would appeal to their readers? Check out these 5 ways to determine if your story is newsworthy.
- Does the campaign have longevity? A good PR campaign is more than just a press release or a single interview appearance. The best PR campaigns are sustainable, achieving long-term success and keeping you in the mind of your target audience for months to come.
What are some other important questions to ask before launching a PR campaign? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (http://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Download your free copy of 7 Cheap PR Tactics for Success in Any Economy here: http://www.ereleases.com/7cheaptactics.html