Having a hard time building a following for your company on Facebook? You’re not alone. Here are 10 easy tactics you can start to use right now to promote your Facebook page and grow your network.
1. Offer an incentive for a “Like” – Who can turn down a good bribe? If you offer something of value in exchange for a “Like”, you can attract a lot more fans. You could offer anything from a free eBook download to a coupon.
2. Include your Facebook URL in your email signature – You’d be surprised at how effective email signatures can be at driving traffic. Create a custom signature that includes a link to your profile page. Just make sure you don’t overdo it in your email signature by including too many other links or calls to action.
3. Tell your followers on Twitter – Most likely, not everyone who follows you on Twitter is your fan on Facebook. You should promote your Facebook page to your Twitter followers on a fairly regular occasion (every couple weeks is usually often enough to net a few new fans each time).
4. Put it on your business cards – Promote your Facebook profile offline by including your page’s URL on your business cards. This gives people another way to contact you, and it’s unique, showing your company is fresh and relevant.
5. Link to it on your website – You can promote your Facebook page on your company website in any number of ways, from dropping a link on your contact page to embedding a sidebar widget that allows people to “Like” your page right there on your website.
6. Use Facebook ads – Paid Facebook ads can be very effective when you target them properly Facebook gives you a lot of control over who sees your ads, giving you the best chance of earning “Likes” from a qualified audience.
7. Ask your fans to spread the word – You don’t want to constantly beg your fans to share your Facebook page with their friends, but the rare ask for this favor can yield some good results.
8. Get your employees to link to it – Chances are that most of your employees have Facebook accounts. Ask them to include a link to your page in their profile info and to occasionally share your page with their friends.
9. Use a custom URL – The standard Facebook URL assigned to new profiles is long and impossible to remember. Get your own custom URL (e.g. Facebook.com/yourcompanyname), so people can find you more easily.
10. Include a link in guest blogger bylines – I’ve spent quite a bit of time discussing the benefits of guest blogging. It’s a great way to get your name out there and position yourself as an authority. Whenever you guest blog, it’s customary to get a byline, where you can include a couple of links. Use this opportunity to drop a link to your Facebook page.
What are some of the other ways you promote your Facebook page? Share your tips by leaving a comment.
This article is written by Mickie Kennedy, founder of eReleases (http://www.ereleases.com), the online leader in affordable press release distribution. Grab three ebooks, including My Facebook Formula, a free report on Facebook and why you should be using the largest social network for your business, here: http://www.ereleases.com/insider/freebooks.html